Do you want to work in a dynamic environment where your contributions count?
At Maplesoft, we value the contributions of all our employees and contractors. We listen and act upon suggestions, advice, and innovative ideas to further our strategic vision. In turn, Maplesoft contributes to the communities where we live and operate. We think globally, but act in our own backyards.
Build your future with Maplesoft’s exciting technologies, deep partnerships, personal approach to consulting services, professional development opportunities and exciting company culture.
To be considered for new opportunities please send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful resource(s) must have significant and relevant experience working with Cloud Service Providers (CSP’s) Microsoft Azure (Primary) and/or Amazon AWS (Secondary) to provide design, implementation, administration, maintenance and support services for cloud based applications, workloads and services. This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, cloud management, cloud
operation and monitoring.
The consultant will assist with their cloud adoption and computing strategy to deliver the future state cloud environment(s) that will enable the department to (but not limited to) achieve the following:
The resource(s) will work with various IT teams to develop, implement, administer, maintain and support the following tasks.
The ability to communicate clearly and concisely to document designs and current configurations as well as give presentations related to these tasks is essential.
- Execute the departmental cloud migration and adoption plan by implementing the cloud target architecture (including Platform as a Service – PaaS, Software as a Service – SaaS and
Infrastructure as a Service – IaaS as well as emerging technologies) leveraging the CSP compute, storage, security and network services.
- Develop and maintain scripts for automation, templates and utilities to deploy and configure applications and cloud services using Bash, PowerShell and/or JSON.
- Implement security controls and processes based on corporate and industry best practices to secure cloud environment networks, applications and services.
- Develop identity management solutions to access cloud environments, applications and services based on corporate standards and industry best practices.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures for Audit and security logs within the CSP based on corporate standards and industry best practices to secure cloud
environment networks, applications and services.
- Set up cloud resources such as, subnets, network access control lists, and security groups.
- Develop hybrid connectivity solutions (on premise to CSP and/or multiple CSP’s).
- Provide workload migration plans and solutions for cloud initiatives such as but not limited to (Proof of Concepts (PoC), Pilots, New Applications as well as existing legacy applications).
- Provide knowledge transfer to IT Staff via Mentoring and Coaching.
- Develop cloud based storage solutions for end users to save data in the cloud.
- Develop cloud based archive and backup solutions for DFO systems in the cloud.
- Develop Big Data storage solutions for Data Scientists and Data Assets
- Develop operational support and maintenance procedures for the day-to-day operations of PaaS, SaaS and IaaS services.
- Develop disaster recovery strategies for applications, workloads and services deployed to CSP’s.
- Develop high availability capabilities within the CSP including but not limited to load balancing, scaling and traffic management strategies for applications and services.
- Create and provide presentations to senior management and other technical and non-technical teams to explain cloud based solutions.
- Respond to and resolve incidents from creation to resolution as they occur.
- Determine appropriate Cloud Adoption strategy based on compute, data, or security requirements.
- Develop strategy for DevOps to configure and provision application releases and automate deployments.
- Development of Technical Documentation( build books and run books), technical specifications and contribute to implementation planning
Maplesoft Group prides itself on its distinct corporate culture and recognizes that success is a direct reflection of our most valuable asset - our people. Therefore, attitude and ambition are key personality traits we seek out, along with skill and aptitude, in potential employees.